Some suggestions to “Keep the Sabbath holy” when you can’t come to Church for Mass:
– Spend time reading and reflecting on the Words of God, Quiet time is important so the Words can make way into our hearts. If you are home with someone, share your reflection with one another. Sources are www.usccb.org/bible, Magnificat.com and the Word Among Us.
– Liturgy of the Hours, universalis.com or the eBreviary.com
An Act of Spiritual Communion
My Jesus, I believe that Thou art present in the Blessed Sacrament. I love Thee above all things and I desire Thee in my soul. Since I cannot now receive Thee sacramentally, come at least spiritually into my heart. As though thou were already there, I embrace Thee and unite myself wholly to Thee; permit not that I should ever be separated from Thee.
– Our Saint Brigid Sunday Mass is online along with the Children’s Liturgy of the Word, Daily Mass, Wednesday Evening Prayer, the Rosary, and the Prayer to Guadalupe in time of Pandemic.
- The Act of Perfect Contrition
- The key is to keep our hearts lifted to God.
– Any work of charity with the intention to love and following God’s commandment to serve.