- Jesus knew what was in the hearts of the people who listened to Him speak in the Synagogue
- He emphasized that His healing grace and saving power were for any and all who believed, as both Elijah and Elisha demonstrated with their miracles.
- He could feel their sense of entitlement that they, as His chosen people, should be tended to
- He could also sense their bitterness, jealousy, anger and unbelief in His divinity.
- The comparison of self to Elijah and Elisha was the final straw for Jesus’ audience that day, resulting in rage so great that they wished to kill Him.
- What gets in the way of your belief in the ultimate power and transcendence of Jesus?
- What prevents you from hearing and fully accepting His words and His grace?
No Prophet is Accepted in His Own Place
Fourth Sunday in Ordinary Time