How Does my Child Become Catholic?
This is a process for youth by which one is received into the Catholic Church (non-Catholics) or completes the sacraments of initiation (Catholics) through faith development focusing on prayer, sacraments, and the teachings of the Catholic Church.
Who should participate in the Rite of Christian Initiation for Children?
- Those who want to become Catholic, are seven to seventeen years old, and
- have never been baptized, or
- are baptized, but not in the Catholic Church
- Those who were baptized Catholic, are in 3rd to 12th grade, are seventeen years old or younger, and
- never received first Communion and Confirmation
Please contact Rosemarie Scully to find out more information about RCIC.