– Time is running out for each of us and our lives draw nearer to their end every day.
– God is always calling us to repentance like he called the pagan Ninevites even though they were the enemies of Israel.
– We are all God’s enemies when we sin, but even when we were his enemies he still loved us and died for us.
– We need to ask God to teach us his ways and to guide us in his truth, so that we can share in his eternal life.
– When we sin, we tell God our transgressions are more important than God himself.
– When the Ninevites heard the reality of their sins, they turned away from them by fasting and other acts of penance.
– Like that of the Ninevites, our repentance is a witness of our true contrition and of our desire to reconcile with God.
– We must believe the Good News of Jesus Christ, that his Kingdom is at hand, by repenting of our sins in the sacrament of Reconciliation that Jesus instituted.