- The Holy Spirit burst in upon the Apostles on Pentecost.
- The Father, the Son and the Holy Spirit live as one as a community of love in the Trinity.
- It is the will of God that we too are connected to this community by our baptism.
- It is the Holy Spirit who was present at creation, the coming of Jesus into humanity, and our baptism into the life of God in Jesus Christ.
- It is the Holy Spirit who urges us on to participate in the ongoing revelation of the Kingdom of God. He is the spirit of Jesus Christ who directs us to “make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Spirit.”
- Given our human situation, how can we even begin to participate in spreading the Kingdom?
- The first thing is to believe that we are not to do this alone. It is only by the love of God and guidance of the Spirit that we dare to go forward.
- If you are unsure of yourself, feeling isolated or inadequate, directly appeal to the Holy Spirit to help you.
- Remember what the Holy Spirit did for the other disciples!
The Father, Son and Holy Spirit are ONE
The Most Holy Trinity Sunday, Ordinary Time