- In this story of the Transfiguration, Jesus reveals His divinity to 3 chosen disciples.
- He is the Messiah, prefigured and prophesied in the Old Testament.
- The disciples, however, had an incomplete understanding of the Old Testament portrayal of the Messiah.
- Only when the voice from the cloud proclaimed, “This is my Chosen Son”, did the reality of Jesus’ divinity, and a new mission, begin to dawn on the three disciples.
- We too can have trouble grasping the reality of Jesus’ divinity and the essence of His mission.
- What makes it hard for you to grasp the meaning of Jesus’ divine nature and mission?
- What can help you to do this?
This is My Chosen Son; Listen to Him
The Second Sunday of Lent