Members meet monthly to promote awareness and support of the handicapped and abandoned children of Mustard Seed Communities Nicaragua. Travel and local support opportunities are available.
Mustard Seed Ministry Coordinator – Daphne Nordone, 404-558-3876, email@example.com
Time: Meetings once a month August to February
- Traveler: Attend monthly meetings to learn the tasks and responsibilities of a Mustard Seed Missionary. A missionary will work as a team, love the children, help those less fortunate, be passionate and enthusiastic about raising funds to care for the children of MSC and be a team player. Special skills appreciated, but not necessary: construction/handy background, child care, arts & crafts ability, medical, physical, occupational background appreciated, photography & video skills, children’s sports enthusiasts. Time: Mission trips are 1 week long.
- Local Support: Attend monthly meetings to familiarize and inspire the new volunteers with the mission of Mustard Seed Communities.
- Fundraising Only (non-traveler): This volunteer will attend a fundraising presentation as well as monthly meetings to be inspired and informed regarding the challenges and needs of the children of MSC. Volunteers should be enthusiastic and passionate about raising funds to care for the children of Mustard Seed Nicaragua.
- Local Events: Assist with local events such as Charity Day at Uptown breakfast, All Inspired Shopping Event, Wine Raffle, and any other fundraising opportunities that may arise. These events are usually held between September and December. Volunteer roles may include: staff events, selling raffle tickets, creating and/or distributing flyers for events, and promoting event attendance.
- Operation Orphan is held over 2 weekends in January or February. Volunteers will assist with setup and/or takedown of Operation Orphan display outside of Corbett Hall. Sign-ups are available for assistance with events before and after each mass. Assist with physical donation packing and storage one day in February. Volunteers will pack suitcases with donated supplies, provide an inventory of each suitcase, weigh suitcases, and transport any items not packed to an offsite storage center.
Jan 29 -30, 2022 and ONLINE
Mustard Seed 5K!