Registration for Confirmation 2022 is now open until Jan 31!
This Calendar lists the dates for REQUIRED classes and events. Add these dates to your family calendar now to avoid future conflicts!
In the Archdiocese of Atlanta, the Sacrament of Confirmation is usually received in 10th grade. Teens at St. Brigid typically begin preparation in the spring semester of 9th grade. Older high school students are welcome to join the program.
How to Register
- Fill out the 2022 Confirmation Registration Form completely
- Print the form and bring to the parish office -OR- do a “save as” to rename your registration form, then email your form as an attachment to Confirmation@saintbrigid.org
- Print the 2022 Program Calendar and add the dates to your family calendar!
- Pay the $125 Program Fee, by check to “Saint Brigid” or pay online here:
Prerequisites for Confirmation
- Already have received the Sacraments of Baptism and First Communion
- Be a registered member of Saint Brigid Church (or receive special permission from your own parish)
- Attend weekly Sunday Mass
- Complete the 2-year religious education requirement for 7th/8th grade. This requirement is fulfilled by:
- attending a full-time Catholic school -or-
- attending the EDGE middle school program -or-
- completing the EDGE independent study program (if you did not attend EDGE in middle school, we will provide this independent study work to complete at this time)
The Confirmation Timeline
- Registration: Most students register for Confirmation in Dec/Jan of 9th grade.
- Winter Classes: There are 6 classes in March/April/May (See the 2022 Calendar for dates)
- Summer “Confirmation Camp”: a 4-day program at Saint Brigid. (Two weeks in June to choose from.)
- Fall Events: Events include a Sponsor/Candidate Program in September and a Retreat Day in October.
- November: Confirmation is usually celebrated in November of 10th grade, per the Bishop’s schedule.
FAQ: Do Catholic High School students need to attend Confirmation classes? Yes. The Archdiocese of Atlanta gives responsibility for sacramental preparation to the parish, so Catholic schools do not specifically prepare their students for Confirmation. The program offered at Saint Brigid is designed for all students. Confirmation classes and events are required for all students, regardless of the public or private high school they currently attend.
FAQ: What about Lifeteen? The Life Teen program is not a required part of the Confirmation program, but we strongly encourage all students to participate in Life Teen. See the Youth Ministry webpage for more information!
Older Students: Confirmation is typically received in 10th grade, but any teen up to the age of 17 can participate in this program and receive Confirmation. Current 10th and 11th-grade students are welcome to register!
We look forward to working with you as together we prepare your teen for Confirmation!
Confirmation Team: Kathy Hogan, Cindy Soder, Marissa Borah
Curriculum & Calendar