The Sacrament of Confirmation at Saint Brigid
In the Archdiocese of Atlanta, the Sacrament of Confirmation is usually received in 10th grade. At St. Brigid, students typically begin preparation in spring semester of 9th grade. Older high school students are welcome to join the program.
Registration for Confirmation 2021 now open!
and the 2021 Program Calendar
Please add these dates to your calendar now!
How to Register:
- Fill out the 2021 Confirmation Registration Form completely
- Print the form and bring to the parish office
- –OR– do a “save as” to rename your registration form, then email your form as an attachment to Confirmation@saintbrigid.org
- Print the 2021 Program Calendar and add the dates to your family calendar!
- To Pay the $125 Program Fee, send in a check to “Saint Brigid” or pay online here:
Prerequisites: to be eligible for Confirmation
- the student must have received the Sacraments of Baptism and First Communion
- be a registered member of Saint Brigid Church (or receive special permission from the pastor of your home parish)
- commit to attending weekly Sunday Mass (or participating in a virtual/online Mass, as needed)
- have completed the 2-year religious education requirement in 7th/8th grade. This requirement is fulfilled by:
- attending a full-time Catholic school
- attending the EDGE middle school program
- completing the EDGE independent study program
- Registration: Most students register for Confirmation in 9th grade.
- Winter Classes: 5 classes in March/April (See the 2021 Calendar for dates)
- Summer “Confirmation Camp”: a 4-day program at Saint Brigid. (Two weeks in June to choose from.)
- Fall Events: Including a Sponsor/Candidate Program in September and a Retreat Day in October.
- November: Confirmation is usually celebrated in November, per the Bishop’s schedule.
FAQ: Do Catholic High School students need to attend Confirmation classes? Yes. The Archdiocese of Atlanta gives responsibility for sacramental preparation to the parish, so Catholic schools do not specifically prepare their students for Confirmation. The program offered at Saint Brigid is designed for all students. Confirmation classes and events are required for all students, regardless of the public or private high school they currently attend.
FAQ: What about Lifeteen? The Life Teen program is not a required part of the Confirmation program, but we strongly encourage all students to participate in Life Teen. See the Youth Ministry webpage for more information!
Older Students: Confirmation is typically received in 10th grade, but any teen up to the age of 17 can participate in this program and receive Confirmation. Current 10th and 11th-grade students are welcome to register!
We look forward to working with you as together we prepare your teen for Confirmation!
Schedules and Calendar