The Sacrament of Confirmation at Saint Brigid
In the Archdiocese of Atlanta, the Sacrament of Confirmation is usually received in 10th grade.
Registration for Confirmation at Saint Brigid begins in December of the student’s 9th grade year. Classes then begin in February of 9th grade, leading to Confirmation in the fall of 10th grade. Older high school students are welcome to join our program.
Click here for the 2020 Confirmation Calendar
Prerequisites to be eligible for Confirmation
- Students must have already received the Sacraments of Baptism and First Communion
- Be a registered member of Saint Brigid Church (or receive special permission from the pastor of your home parish)
- Commit to attending weekly Sunday Mass
- Starting with the Confirmation class of 2021: starting in 2021, students entering this program will need to fulfill a 2-year religious education requirement in 7th/8th grade, This requirement can be fulfilled by:
- attending full-time Catholic school
- attending the EDGE middle school program
- completing the EDGE independent study program
- Registration: Most students register for Confirmation in December of 9th grade.
- Winter Classes: 5 classes in Feb/March, on Sunday afternoon OR Wednesday evening (See Calendar for dates)
- Summer “Confirmation Camp”: a 4-day program at Saint Brigid. There are two weeks in June to choose from.
- Fall Events: include a Sponsor/Candidate Program in September and a Retreat Day in October.
- November: Confirmation is usually celebrated in November, per the Bishop’s schedule.
All teens attend all classes and events on the calendar, regardless of the public or private high school they currently attend.
Older Students: Confirmation is typically received in 10th grade, but any teen up to the age of 17 can participate in this program and receive Confirmation. Current 10th and 11th-grade students are welcome to register!
FAQ: What about Lifeteen? the Lifeteen program is not a required part of the Confirmation program, but we strongly encourage all students to participate in the Lifeteen Sunday night Life Nights. See the Lifeteen page for more information!
How to Register
- Fill out the Registration Form completely
- PRINT the form and bring to the parish office
- OR— do a SAVE AS and rename your registration form, then email your form as an attachment to Confirmation@saintbrigid.org
- To Pay the $125 Program Fee, you can pay with a check made out to “Saint Brigid”, or pay online here:
Contact Kathy or Cindy with any questions! Confirmation@saintbrigid.org.
We look forward to working with you as together we prepare your teen for Confirmation.
Deacon Leo Gahafer, Cindy Soder, Kathy Hogan — Confirmation Team firstname.lastname@example.org