Covecrest is a LifeTeen focused retreat center serving parishes from all over the Southeast. Every year Lou Delfino leads a team of men to help out with some manual projects around the retreat center.
Mustard Seed Communities
Message from the Knights of Columbus:
I received this message from Janice Givens (Rich’s boss) who has been asked to organize this. I told her that the knights will be more than happy to help with this great cause. I will also be asking some of the surrounding councils if they can assist to. Her message is:
Mustard Seed Communities (MSC) cares for hundreds of children with disabilities that have been abandoned in several countries around the world!
Most of their residents use diapers on a daily basis. There currently is an urgent need for diapers in Jamaica as the supplier that normally sells them at a significant discount to MSC is not able to provide them.
The greatest need is for Adult S/M or X large children diapers since most of our residents use those sizes. The best kind have side-tabs to allows caregivers to easily remove and put-on a new diaper.
There will be a container at St. Jude’s that will be used to transport the diapers to Jamaica. As you can see they are looking for a lot of diapers.
Goal: 100,000 Diapers for MSC Jamaica (3-month supply)
When: Friday, April 13, 2018 ‘ 8am to noon
Where: Saint Jude Catholic Church 705 Spalding Dr, Sandy Springs, GA 30328
If you can help, you can give your donations to me anytime on Sundays between now and April 13th or better yet, bring them to the Knights Council meeting on March 27th and I will bring my truck. We do not want to leave them at the church since there is no place to store them. If you can help on Friday the 13th to transport them to St. Jude’s please let me know.
Brothers. This is what we do best. Call me if you have any questions.
SK William J Stuhltrager
Knights of Columbus
Membership in this Fraternal Order is open to Catholic men in union with the Holy See. Membership provides an opportunity for fellowship with those who believe in duty to God, family, neighbors and country and stand unified in defense of those beliefs. Programs are organized to appeal to those interested in assisting our priests, the homeless, the disabled, parish families, and veterans.
Time: Council Meetings (General Members) 6:10 pm – 8:10 pm every 4th Tuesday of the month, Assembly Meetings (General 4th Degree Members) 6:10 pm – 8:30 pm every 2nd Thursday of the month.
- Leadership (Officers): Officers typically serve for a two year term. Each has specific responsibilities in overseeing the normal business functions of the Council and Assembly. Positions are established to cover operational, financial, membership and physical facilities. Our pastor covers the spiritual area for both the Council and the Assembly.
- Fundraising: Monies raised through KoC fundraising events support various church ministries and charitable organizations. Major fundraising events include Lenten Fish Dinners, Saint Patty’s Day Dance, Breakfast with Santa, and Vidalia Onion Sales.
- Priest Support: Knights assist the pastor in activities related to the parish such as parking assistance for holiday Masses, serving at the Parish Newcomers Receptions, provide Honor Guards for special liturgies (Communion, Confirmation, etc…), and property clean-up days.
- Philanthropy: Knights provide homeless assistance, disabled assistance, and family support with funds and service hours. The following organizations are served: Habitat for Humanity, Family Promise Program, Men’s and Women’s Shelters, S.M.I.L.E., People with Intellectual Disabilities, and Special Olympics, St. Vincent DePaul Society, the Parish Picnic in September, Adopt-a-Family, Respect Life Ministry, and Youth Soccer and Basketball Challenges.
- Veterans: Knights provide Veteran Support by hosting a yearly formal dinner for Veterans and their families, working closely with the Johns Creek Veterans Association on various projects, distributing American Legion Poppies after all Memorial Day weekend masses, and distributing American Flags after all Veterans Day weekend masses.