- Jesus tells us that the father of the returning, humbled, and penitent son was overjoyed.
- He was jubilant that his son gave up his ways of sin, and returned to his father.
- So it is with our heavenly Father, when we return to Him and ask forgiveness.
- His mercy and grace abound for those who come to Him with humble and contrite hearts.
- Which son will we model ourselves after?
- The one who fully acknowledges his brokenness and seeks forgiveness?
- Or the one who resents his father’s mercy toward his brother?
Your Brother Was Dead,
and Has Come To Life Again;
He Was Lost and Has Been Found
The Fourth Sunday of Lent